Xcanchacan
Xcanchacan
   

Originally, Xcanchacán was a colonial ranch that operated as a cattle farm. The property belonged to father Meneses y Tenorio, parish priest of San Cristóbal Episcopal provost, during the early decades of the 19th century. During the sisal era, the owners of the hacienda were Vicente Solís Rosales and later Vicente Solís León. From 1914, the property remained in the hands of the Solís Cámara family, as the “Xcanchacán Agricultural Company”, whose president was Francisco Solís Cámara with Pedro y Fernando Solís Cámara as board members and legal consultants to the company. The administration remained unchanged for 40 years, until the property was acquired in 1956 by the Banco Nacional de Crédito Ejidal.

Xcanchacán belongs to the municipality of Tecoh. It is around five kilometers from Telchaquillo and 90 from Merida.

|