Telephones: 5264-1414, 5250-5143
Web: http://www.corregidor.com.mx/index.html

Tejalpa comes from the Nahuatl for “place where the stones are sharpened”, or “place where there are stones to sharpen”. In the mid-18th century it was a monastery. In 1835 it was sold to José Francisco de Pliego y Figueroa. It produced wheat, sheep and asses’ milk. During the Revolution it was converted into a military camp. Also, during the Christero War it protected the clergy, providing refuge for example to Jesuits and martyrs. Today it is used for banquets.