Type of Hacienda: Sisal
Service: Private residence.
Location: Located in the northwest of Merida at #101L 1st street in what is now the Xcumpich area, we find the main house and machine room of what was one of the many haciendas that went on from cattle ranching to flourish during the glorious era of “green gold”.
History: Its origin probably dates back to the second half of the 19th century. However, its apogee came during the opulent splendor of sisal: it belonged to Audomaro Molina Solís, brother of Olegario Molina Solís, an influential landowner of the time and governor of Yucatan from 1902 to 1906. On Molina’s death in 1914, the property was inherited by relatives and then, in the 30s, it was used to provide common land for Chuburná and the “Xcumpich nucleus”. After having been sold several times between 1942 and 1948, the property was acquired by Nacional Financiera, S. A. With the passing years, the land was subdivided into smaller properties, as has happened in other cases of haciendas which have been sold or expropriated. Finally, the part of the property that included the main house was acquired by its present owners, who since 1984 have restored its beauty, while the remaining land and the area of the machine room still belong to the government.